Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fair Play



I am one that does not usually take sides when it comes to political matters. I am not saying that I am representing a catholic view when I grew up a practicing catholic but what's fair is fair.

Today President Obama will be giving a commencement speech at Notre Dame and a lot of people will be protesting (which is there right). They will be protesting because he is pro abortion and Catholics are against that because they are pro life. On the other hand George W. Bush gave a speech at Notre Dame in 2001 and there was not a whole lot of protesting going on. When George W. Bush was Governor for six years he presided over 152 executions and I believe that is not pro life.

I am in favor of executions of individuals who I believe justly deserve to be executed. On the issue of pro abortion I really can't take a stand on that because I am not a woman and don't believe that I really should have a say on that issue.

I am only saying this because he is the President of the United States and even though I have many issues I don't agree with him about. I believe anytime you have a President giving a commencement speech for your graduating class you should consider that an honor.

1 comment: